View Single Post
Old 06-11-12, 07:50 PM
reef58

Bikes: Serotta Nove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are time trials in the tour every year including 2009 and 2010. More this year I agree. I also agree things are not looking good for Andy this year. He usually looks poor in the race before the tour, but this year might be a bit much. That being said if Andy is on good form he can gather enough time in the mountains to cover losses in the TT. I doubt it this year, but maybe he will ride himself in form. If Frank will give up podium dreams and set tempo to crack riders and then have Andy attack he will do okay. I think this year's tour is open sort of like 2007. The winner may come out of nowhere. I doubt Wiggins will win. If all of the climbs are ridden at tempo and accelerations only coming in the last 1 or 2 km then he will do pretty well. If Frank and Andy are in form and decide to split the race up I would not be surprised to see Wiggins lose minutes on a single stage. I hope for the sake of an exciting race Frank and Andy are in good form.

Originally Posted by daveF
It would be stupid except for the amount of time trialing in this year's tour. Andy will be fortunate to podium unless all the good time trialists have abandoned due to crashes. Bruyneel thinks they will have to do something extremely extraordinary to win, probably along the lines of what it would have taken for Discovery to win in 06 post Lance.