View Single Post
Old 06-13-12, 09:36 AM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Strike the American Classic Speed Clips, they are incompatible with the CS-6700 cassette. see response to my inquiry below...

Hi,
I apologize for this confusion. Unfortunately, our web store has a miss print and we are currently unable to make corrections while we are upgrading the system.
Where it says the kits are not compatible with Ultegra 6800, it should read 6700.
Please feel free to return the clip kits, for a full refund;

Hi,

Today I finally tried installing these Speed Clips in a Ultegra CS-6700 11-28 (10spd) cassette. Unfortunately neither the "Ultegra" clips (too tall) or the "Dura Ace" (too short) clips work in this cassette.

The problem is obvious from the installation picture... your diagram shows the Ultegra cassette has cogs A-D with only 6 splines. However my cassette's "A" cog has 9 splines and only cogs B-D have 6 which means the clips do not sit down between all 4 cogs. So, I cannot use the taller Ultegra clips. I also tried the shorter Dura Ace clips which should span 3 cogs of that model but those are too short to reach the top D cog of the Ultegra cassette and remain loose within the cog set (can hear them clicking around when shaking the assembled cassette on the wheel.

Please advise if there is a remedy or why this product is not fitting.
I purchased these back at the beginning of April and it is now June, but they still have not updated their website and say they can't. Hmmm.

Wonder if I'll get the shipping back too... $7 orig + $3 return = $10 shipping a $15 item.

Last edited by twocicle; 06-13-12 at 09:45 AM.