View Single Post
Old 06-13-12, 11:45 AM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
So far, really big grins on the ride quality of this setup.

We can't put our finger on whether it is the Calfee frame, the Spinergy wheels, or simply getting rid of the Gatorskin tires used on our previous Santana Team AL (Sovereign w/16 wheels & carbon fork), but we can say the ride is at a whole level above.

I am still in the process of getting used to the much quicker steering input and cornering results... seems to require a lot less counter steer than the Santana.

My smallish stoker notices and loves the slightly more spacious cockpit in the back, not to mention the near single bike triple crank Q-factor (at 159mm it is within a couple mm) this is a much better fit to her bio needs. We are progressing very slowly to reintroduce her knees to tandeming again, with 80% single riding and 20% tandem at this stage. Results look very promising and she is very eager to go for more.

If there is any deficiency to gripe about it is the lack of Flightdeck computer with its nice gear indicator readout. The inline gear indicator I installed (rear only) is working fine as a 10spd gauge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010481 (Large).JPG (90.8 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by twocicle; 06-13-12 at 11:53 AM.