View Single Post
Old 06-14-12, 03:59 AM
Jamesw2

Bikes: Trek 1420 triple, Mercier Corvus, Globe 1 700, Surly Disc Trucker, GT Avalanche, GT Grade, GT Helion, Mercier Corvus, Motobacane Boris X7 Fat Bikes,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am new to this and i have found is using a trainer and riding to videos is helping me with all sorts of real or perceived issues. Where i live I have heat and humidity to deal with. I get more conditioning from the trainer that out on the road during the summer. Last summer I had a lot of people asking me if as alright. I now know that i wasn't. I was near heat stroke. Not really a good condition to be in and believe it's training.
Basically I was training in a panic. Respiration, heart rate and anxiety were all high when i rode. It wasn't fun it was exercise. It wasn't until i got up one morning and decided to ride 100 miles just for the fun of it that i realized I actually like this bike riding thing.

You don't suck at this sport. This is a learning curve. I have been riding two years. Still haven't done any 200 k rides and it has been a year since my 100 mile ride. What i have been doing is riding 45 to 90 mile rides on a touring bike. At about 340 lbs (me + bike + gear) it will make you be patient. This summer I am riding the trainer more. Some of you may chuckle at this but I did a personal best, last week, on the trainer by riding 33 miles in 2hours 20 minutes. 14 mph pushing a 50/13 gear for some of it
Traffic has me nervous again. As i was riding the narrow berm I looked up to see a car passing another car in the oncoming lane. I would say he was doing 70 mph. A few hundred feet down the road a pickup truck does the same thing.