Old 06-14-12, 02:14 PM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3376 Post(s)
Liked 5,529 Times in 2,866 Posts
Originally Posted by Stuka
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13481408

According to this article, 60 Mins claimed George had testified against Lance to the Feds. George released a statement afterward essentially saying he doesn't know where they got their info.

I agree with reef that George seems to be a decent human. I've read some stuff on him and their is nothing ******y about him. Why he would throw Lance under the bus after all their work together is a baffling concept.

Plus, if George supposedly testified to the Feds that he and Lance were passing around EPO bottles before races: 1) Why did either one never fail a test? If someone doesn't test positive when shooting up before a race, when DO they test positive? 2) Why is George not banned?? If he swore under oath that he doped, he needs to be removed ASAP so he can't claim his record 17th Tour.

Just a surface observation, not sure if it has merit, but it seems to me that only folks who have been banned for failing tests have been raising the alarm for Lance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
My theory: They have evidence on George, and used it to get him to roll over on Lance, since the latter is obviously the bigger fish.