View Single Post
Old 06-14-12, 10:01 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another CX workout today. It always kicks my butt. This was no different. I'm trying to put in a lot of cornering in the lap. Some of it is really tight, but that's the stuff that's so easy to suck at. This week had a short, sandy hill that was reasonably technical (I had to get off the bike twice from spinning in the sand), a descent that was probably steeper and more technical than any I've actually seen at a race and the nasty run-up from last time, which is also at least as tough as anything I've seen at a race.

There's another descent that I could use, but I just don't have the balls to do it, yet. It would be no big deal on my mountain bike, but on the cross bike it's just a bit more gnarly than I feel comfortable doing when training alone and knowing I'll be hitting it while in oxygen dept. Maybe with the new bike I'll feel differently. I actually road it twice, but I have to stand at the top and suck it up a little to do it. That also lets me position the bike so I'm on the best line. The problem with riding it during the lap is that you'll be off the best line and then you'd have to be a better rider than I feel like I am.

If I keep this up, maybe even twice a week when the season gets closer, I think I'll be much better prepared for this cross season that I've ever been before.