Thread: The Big Deal.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-12, 06:45 AM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
Another vote for the trike. There's a guy near my office who rides one and I have to admit they're pretty cool. Man, are they ever low to the ground! I'm glad he has a big orange flag on the end of it.
Actually, a trike is under serious consideration.

Mrs. Grouch has a Greenspeed trike that she loves. I've ridden it but it's a loooong way down to the seat and even farther getting back up. Also, being tadpole style, it won't link to make a tandem. Both bikes fit inside our Honda Element, but we have to disassemble and fold the Greenspeed. We have done some rides together, me on my SWB, but it's not the same as tandemming.

In August we are traveling to Stevens Point, Wisconsin for the Midwest Recumbent Rally. I have already contacted the good people at Hostel Shoppe about arranging a test ride for 2 (delta style) Greenspeed Anuras that we can link together. They were receptive but I didn't hear a firm promise. I'm also wondering how much disassembly will be necessary to fit the 2 Anuras inside our Element.

We'd probably want one of those "Tandem Talk" communication devices too. All it takes is money. Just means I'll move in with one of the kids a few months sooner.