View Single Post
Old 06-15-12, 12:52 PM
mr geeker
Day trip lover

Bikes: '16 Giant Escape 3 (fair weather ride), Giant Quasar (work in progress), 2002 saturn vue (crap weather ride)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no need to reply, some on else already did!

the problem isn't necessarily people on bikes, but the mind set of both motorists and bicyclists compared to one another. some people are just ********, no matter what they drive/ride, for example, the ****** bags who likes to swerve at people on bicycles just to try and make them crash.

would you like to cite me the municipal code stating that it is illegal to ride 3-4 abreast? people in cars run lights all the time, though 2 wrongs do not make a right, and only an idiot runs red lights. crossing over lanes is not illegal, how else do you turn left when a bike lane is clear to the right of the road?

"If bicycles want to remain on the road and if the city of des moines is gonna spend tax payer dollars making special lanes on major streets than I feel bicycles should be licensed like a car"- this statement here sir is pure dumbassery, people who ride bikes pay taxes to maintain the very same roads you don't want them on... i do agree with you on the registering of bikes being mandatory though.

you sir just don't like people on bikes because it's not a norm in our auto obsessed society and it makes you uncomfortable seeing someone enjoying their method of transportation.