Old 06-18-12, 04:53 PM
Old Town
Sailing Cyclist

Bikes: Kona mountain and hybrid. Other assorted junk.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LeMond Fan, did you read the bit I wrote on Sebastian Coe (the miler) on one of the other Lance threads? The whole point of that was to show how much of an influence PED's can have on decent but lesser athletes when competing against a superior athlete. Nothing the superior runner or cyclist can do will allow for beating the cheater so good are the PED's. They do work great.

Most persons know (maybe not you) that drug use is the rule in cycling. I can't believe any adult would dispute this. Just like I would expect any adult to know Pro Wrestling is fixed. Now bear with me.

If you accept that drugs run rampant in cycling, then any rider who is able to dominate in that sport must be a drug user also. I actually think LeMond would have beat all those riders clean, IF all were also clean. But most accept the simple fact that PED's run 100% in pro cycling. If you don't dope, you will not even get into the running. You will be too slow and lack the required endurance.

This goes back to a point I made earlier: if you like Lance or Greg, you choose to say that they were only keeping pace with everyone else's drug use. If you don't like them, or if you are simply seeking the truth with no dog in the fight, you see those two men for what they are - cheating dogs.

All depends on your point of view. What doesn't change is the fact they all do drugs. They have to.