KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I wanted to gab about bikes on the net. I had done so years ago, but Usenet had since become useless. I found bikeforums.

At first, I stayed out of C&V on purpose. I was in commuting, mechanics, and a few other sections. I figured C&V was all about sentimentality.

Then I realized that since I had only old bikes, I was an old bike nut. It wasn't because I disliked new bikes. It was that I just don't feel like buying anything new yet.

Then I saw that C&V is a holistic group, dealing not just with the age of bikes but all aspects of cycling. I spend very little time in the other sections of BF. If I have something to say that is not specifically about old bikes, I'll probably say it here. I do this not because it's relevant to old bikes (and the love thereof) but because I know the people here (and vice versa). So it has become a social circle for me.

I will eventually have a new bike, and I don't expect to be ostracized here. Likewise, I don't think anyone with a new bike should avoid posting here. Ya hear that, Robbie Tunes?

I've learned that I don't care for the posting styles in the SS-FG section or the Road section.
If you buy a new bike I will NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN! I will chase you with torches and a pitchfork. I will sick our cats onto your grey hounds!