rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the props, guys!

Originally Posted by Foldable Two
I thought you were talking about taking a "shake-down ride" around your neighborhood.
Already taken care of! I started off doing the around the block thing of course, when the bike came in this past April. Before I had it ready to tour, I had already taken it out for a few half-day unloaded rides and played on the local mtb trails a little bit to get a feel for it and make sure it was all dialed in right.
Originally Posted by vik
I had the same thought when I assembled my BF NWT front rack for the first time, but I've never had any issues with it in use. I tend to pack lighter than the average loaded bike tourist, but I use the bike for around town hauling missions that have gotten quite heavy [ie. tins from grocery store, beer, etc...].
Good to hear I`m not crazy for thinking that and that yours is hanging in there. Yeah, groceries runs often end up being heavier than touring loads!
Originally Posted by invisiblehand
You can still mount more stuff such as a bigger saddlebag and/or strap something to the top of the front rack. If an SQR is appealing, if you get the big ring clamps, they'll fit over the seat mast instead of the seat post. You might be able to get it to rest on whatever is on top of the platform rack.
This load is bigger than my usual tours, so hopefully won`t need more space- I think you`re right about the top of the front rack if I need it, though. Definitely right about a bigger saddlebag. What`s SQR?