View Single Post
Old 06-20-12, 08:25 PM
Eich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soulbike
And surprise surprise, they have not failed..... Most people's understanding of wheel building is from what they read on the internet, we are not the first wheel company to use such large bracing angles, and there is no secret why all those that have test very well for lateral stiffness. ....
No other brand of the hub sets I've looked at uses such a wide bracing angle. Some proprietary wheels that do have wide bracing angles use very high spoke tensions. As lateral wheel bracing is a good thing and can be easily achieved with widely spaced flanges I would assume there is a good reason for others not doing it. I'm very curious as to whether your design is sound in the face of received wisdom to the contrary. I'm looking for an ah-ha moment because waiting for reports is a little tedious.

If your design is sound why is it so? Do you use very high spoke tensions? If so how do your rims survive? Do you use an especially highly fatigue resistant steel alloy for the spokes? Or is the rest of the industry over cautious?