View Single Post
Old 06-20-12, 10:00 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
Yea, they get annoyed because they had all passed me at some point, the bridge is a bit narrow, and I myself get annoyed when somebody blows by me when I'm on my regular commuter bike.

And sometimes the girls are hot, and sometimes not. Just like in real life. I'll talk to the hot ones and don't get the cold shoulder that I used to get when I was young. Age has benefits.

I've been using my Trek 8000 mtb with slicks as my commuter for a few years. I never rode to work before here in NYC, it always seemed like a crazy idea but they've been adding so many bike lanes that it doesn't feel unsafe anymore. On my roadie, I would only ride Manhattan on weekends when the traffic was much lighter, and clipless pedals in traffic and with rough streets and sudden stops just made me feel like a candidate for club tombay, nevermind the two trips to the ER, one with BOTH wrists broken, the other with my lip hanging off. No thanks.

I'm also almost 60, somewhat overweight like a lot of men my age, and just shouldn't be blowing anyone away anymore.