Old 06-22-12, 03:28 AM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ClemY
Just looking at the photo, it appears that your nice rear rack may not have sufficient lateral stiffness. If that is the case, you might want to consider doing something about that. It would cut down the lateral sway. One way to do it might be to add stays on each side going from the frame attachment points at the drop-outs to the middle cross member, attaching to the middle cross member at least an inch inboard of the outside fore and aft tubes. Does that make any sense?
I follow you Clem, and yes it does make sense. I thought I might have to do something along those lines, but it turned out stiff enough without it. I think the very short legs go a long way in keeping it stiff, and I also beefed up and triangulated the front connection, which normally only functions to keep the rack from pivoting fore and aft. Seems to have done the trick. I did have trouble with the bag wanting to tip, though. If I ever have to stuff it that full again, I`ll think seriously about sewing a little loop to the top so I can tie it to my saddle rails. Credit to path Less Pedalled, of course