View Single Post
Old 06-23-12, 11:11 AM
jbrow1

Bikes: Old ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just bought a set of the pedals in the link and had a 45 mile ride with them last night. They are decent pedals, I'm not a big fan of the color. It's like grey primer colored, but shiny like a powder coat. The platform is not as big as it looks in the picture, but that's ok it's gotta fit btw mnt shoe cleats anyhow right? So how do they work? They work well. I generally have shimano m540's on my bikes, and one set of teeny/tiny one sided wellgos on another bike, also spd. The other wellgos I have feel identical to my m540's while clipping in/out and riding. They have no platform whatsoever, and being one sided they like to flip over. No big deal to me b/c I generally clip in to go and don't clip out until I'm done riding. These new pedals clip in harder even on the lightest setting, clip out harder, and feel like they have no float whatsoever (states they have 4* of float). Thinking maybe they will break in just a bit and get a little looser feeling. I am using my shimano cleats with them. Honestly they worked very well, being one sided yes, they did flip upside down here and there. So I wouldn't really want them for riding where you unclip that often. But really it's not a big deal to toe it over and clip in without looking at it. You buy a one sided pedal, this is something you must live with. Or as I said I don't unclip often so no big deal. I just wanted to try them out b/c I needed one more set of pedals anyhow. I'll write back in a week or so when I have a couple hundred miles on them and see if they loosen up at all. By the end of the 45 miles I was quite used to the feeling of less float, and it caused no problems what-so-ever. Are they worth it? Not really when you can get shimano 540's off ebay for 35-40 shipped brand new if you watch a bit. But if you want a grey one sided pedal that works well for 40 bux shipped, then these fit the bill.