View Single Post
Old 06-27-12, 04:58 PM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
It is interesting that you are having the same experience with the tandem clamp from K-edge regarding the derailleurs being to far outboard for the ultegra cranks. I had one of the first tandem clamps from them as I worked with Joe on chain catchers for our Calfee. I previously had Calfee cranks and just replaced them with the new Ultegra cranks and this issue popped up. With my old cranks the clamp worked great because the opposite problem occurred as there was not enough travel outward so shifting to the big ring was not great with any load on it. I think the smaller Q factor has moved the chain lines inward a mm or so on the new Ultegra cranks. I am going back to my old dura ace frt derailleur and conventional clamped K-edge with these cranks. I have a small frame as do our friends and we were both able to use a normal K-edge without problems on the water bottle mount. It mounts above it and uses the long triple arm.