Old 06-27-12, 05:44 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
It looks like the FD is missing the nylon insert that snaps into the forks front window. They can be bought as a spare.
Good eye, although only the traditional and compact double derailleurs shipped with the insert. The front cut-out doesn't have a recessed rim on the outside like it does on the doubles although I'm curious and will look closer to see if it fits.

What do you plan to do with the gen1 egos?
Sell them as spares only (right not functioning) probably as a no reserve E-bay auction where the market is likely to price them higher than I would. My maintenance log indicates only 3200 miles on the current right front paddle spring, thumb button spring, and carrier. The right shifter also has the rare first generation 9 speed (2000 and older) index cam. Those parts were all discontinued long enough ago that finding new ones would be very hard - I actually bought the last front right spring in the Loose Screws inventory.

OTOH I'm not sure how useful that new front spring is - I only got 3200 miles before the smaller one in the paddle assembly followed. It both springs the paddle forwards and holds it to the outside. Once it goes you need to hold the lever to the outside with one finger while pushing the thumb button for reliable shifts to smaller cogs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
front.jpg (68.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 06-27-12 at 05:59 PM.