View Single Post
Old 06-28-12, 08:26 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Padilla
Be on the blue ridge parkway today! Oh and sorry that all the cyclists out there aren't as well off as you. Shame on us. It doesn't matter though your just some random anon on the internet. You would think cycling would make you a happier person but it seems not! Romney 2012! I've never asked the locals for crap. People usually offer me a place to stay, or set up my tent. They like to hear my story generally. In 11 days I've had 4 random folks offer me dinner and a place to stay. I guess hanging out on the internet all day makes some of us quite cynical, and a bit pompous!
*Yawn* You sound like the angry one. And I have no idea what the whole Romney comment is about. Perhaps an attempt to tie the basis of my opinions to a political party or presidential candidate choice? If so, it's a failed attempt.

And there is a HUGE difference between accepting hospitality and asking for handouts, which you have done in another thread. I have taken three multi-month tours (the longest being nearly 4 months) and have had plenty of nice people offer things out of the goodness of their hearts. If you are willing to cyber beg it's not out of the realm of possibility that you would beg "in person."

I found it interesting that you found the funds for a new camera but began cyber begging not two weeks into the trip. I also find it interesting that you are asking for food money yet revealing that you have already gotten more than 1/3 of your dinners and one third of your overnight accomodations for free. Makes me wonder whether you really need the money.