SlimRider
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greyhoundsrock
Thanks for the continued suggestions. A touring bike is something I had thought about especially when I don't care about how light the bike will be as putting three water bottles on a bike defeats the whole light as a feather road bike concept. As I rode my first unsupported century yesterday I thought about what I really want out of my new bike. I am not a speedy cyclist but I can fairly easily stay out on a bike for a long time. Yesterdays ride was the kind of ride I love. I rode out to a park, could navigate the gravely roads with ease, enjoyed the scenery and felt fine when I got back home. The only other issue though is that currently I ride solo. We have an active local group but I just am not quite fast enough to hold pace with the longer distance riders. When I have ridden side by side with folks on road bikes, they can be coasting while I am having to peddle. I would like to at least occasionally ride with others. I will have to test ride a touring bike and see what the ride feels like. Thanks again!
Hey there GHRock!

I've just got to ask this question:

Are these mostly guys in your local group?

Also another question:

Would you describe yourself as being lighter in weight than the average female or heavier?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SlimRider; 06-28-12 at 09:59 PM.