Old 07-01-12, 06:34 AM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmaT120
One of the things I did glean out of the mish-mash of data on the DOT web site was that motorcycling is more dangerous than bicycling. I try to measure everything by the chances of dying, per mile traveled. I still like to ride my motorcycle though.
Motorcycle riding is high on my list. I have had over 4 or 5 100mph+ crashes, been airborne at over 100 mph, and each time I survive without serious injury. Why? Because it wasn't my time, and the help of the full safety gear that I wear on the street and racetrack.

On the bicycle, with cars going pass me at 40mph +, my mind thinks of the damage of just one contact with 3000+ lbs of steel hitting and rollong over my frail body. IMO, survival would be nill. That is why I put bicycling way more dangerous than motorcycle riding..

Here is my motorcycle gear, and this is for street and track.. I vary in the summer on the street with two peice mesh jack, and leather pants. BTW, I have survived several motorcycle crashes on the street too. All the result of always wearing full safety gear. Sheesh, sometimes I think about putting my motorcycle gear on to ride the bicycle!!

my gear..

http://www.cehoward.net/suity38.jpg