Old 07-02-12, 04:29 PM
fly:yes/land:no
abandoning

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
two stories:

1) one time in a stage race, i was tucked away in the peloton when we were hit with an apparently moderately sized dust devil. it was moving left to right across a field towards us, and we all braced for what was sure to be a catastrophic crash. the devil hit and... nothing. i didn't even notice having to adjust handlebar input. made for a cool story though.

2) just the other day, i was making my way back home on the mup, and i get to an intersection. just past the intersection in my lane of the mup is a family dismounted from their bikes and yelling. the presumptive family patriarch was at the head of the line, followed by 3 small children and the matriarch at the end. as i got closer, i realized that it was the woman yelling at the guy for not accelerating fast enough. apparently, she had run into the last kid and knocked the child and herself down because the man wasn't accelerating fast enough past the stop sign. (sounded more like she was angry because she fell down, and wanted to blame someone else for falling) in her anger, she was flailing all over the path. the man yelled something like "stop going crazy, and there is someone behind you trying to pass!" she moved, but the verbal assault resumed in full force. i gave an awkward smile wave and said thanks, but that really soured the ride.