Old 07-03-12, 01:17 PM
bikepro

Bikes: Look 585

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ramuntxo
As a cycling fan, I want to believe that a man can come back from cancer and dominate the sport for years to come. It makes for a good All-American story complete with overcoming the odds and not letting an obstacle take you down.

As a human, I do feel that Armstrong did dope along with the rest of the field and the fact that he let no one touch him to me shows he had superior talent and a dedicated team, even though that dedication may have been more forced than earned. Nonetheless, he doped and most likely the USADA will find him guilty. I am a little puzzled on why we just punish the riders when we should also be looking to those in charge within the UCI that took the donations from Armstrong and the possibility that they could of covered up positive tests. I feel the UCI officials who were involved with the donation acceptance and the cover up should be investigated as well. It seems only a small amount of the guilty parties are being punished.
The USADA also charged Bruyneel and others. I don't think we've heard the last about the UCI. If the charges against Lance are proven, there could be another investigation into the UCI -- who knows?