Old 07-03-12, 02:07 PM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hagen2456
These are certainly legimitate reasons for telling us Europeans that implementing bike infrastructure is not as easy as it may seem from a European perspective.

However. That is not what the discussion was about. Mr. Forester and I discussed lane taking under certain conditions. These conditions reflect general problems of traffic, which are the same all over the world: sight lines; why accidents happen; etc. Robert Hurst chimed in with some very vital facts, and that silenced mr. Forester - for a while. But then he tried to argue with me, mixing up the difference between Danish, Dutch or American conditions with general traffic problems. Since then, his posts on the issue have become increasingly ridiculous, illogical and confusing, as I've pointed out.
If you will note, I am not the only one who considered that Hagen's essays were directed at the difference between the traffic conditions of different nations. If Hagen had chosen to limit his essays to one particular situation he should have provided a written description of the specific situation which he was discussing. As it is, there was confusion; several of us took Hagen's words as being addressed to national differences, while Hagen thought that he was discussing one particular situation.