Old 07-04-12, 08:45 AM
Bikey Mikey

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
Hoping to get in a good 30-40 mile ride this morning before the BBQ this afternoon, but 78 degree temps at 5:30 AM (predicted to be in mid 80's by 7:00) kept me indoors today. I guess there is always the trainer but it's just not the same thing.
Too cool?

I got up at 5 AM to start riding by about 5:30 for my 35 mile route. Checked the weather on weather.com for my zip code and there was a high chance of rain by 7 and chances where increasing as it got closer to 8 and 9. I figured I wasn't going to fit one in so I went to bed...laid there thinking I could fit in a 20 or so, but fell asleep. Woke up a few times and finally got up at 7:30--no bloody rain or evidence in sight. Forecast had changed and now it was fine. Promptly got on my gear and stretched and started my ride. At the 17 mile mark I was thinking I only had 25 in me, but by mile 24 I got a second wind, ate a breakfast bar and drank water while riding and did the whole 35, actually, 35.8 miles, and matched my best time. So, 35.8 miles this morning in 1 hour 59 min.

Happy 4th of July to all my fellow USA cyclists.