Old 08-06-05, 10:18 AM
MasterSezFaster
UareFASTjustNOTfastENOUGH

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Bianchi C2C 928

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have never been one to use a hr monitor for training but have recently decided to give it a shot and see what happens. So this morning’s ride was the first time I have used the monitor out side the gym. I have this short 9km ride with a 3.5km climb at an avg grade of 17% that I use from time to time to test things out (new gear or bike). Because I let my self get out of shape (my climbing has really suffered) this ride has been taking me, round trip, 35min to complete with an avg speed of 14km/hr and a max of 52km/hr and an avg cadence of 70rpm.

Anyways, this morning I did the ride in 32min, avg speed was 17.5km/hr and a max of 68.4km/hr and an avg cadence of 78rpm. I was really happy with the results but what really got me thinking, I was able to maintain a max hr of 201bpm for 5min and it never felt like I went beyond 155bpm. My avg hr for the most part is always around 126 on this particular climb.

Just thought I would share since the 201bpm really surprised me. Now I just need to figure out me LT since I really did not push it to hard on this last ride.

p.s. Do not mind the title, I screwed that up