MasterSezFaster
UareFASTjustNOTfastENOUGH

Bikes: Scott Gambler, Scott Ransom, Bianchi C2C 928

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 55/Rad
3.5 km at 17% with an average Hr of 155? That's awesome. What gears are you sportin'?

55/Rad
34/25 and my avg hr on the climb is 126 not 155. I just used 155 as a reference because that is usually when my lungs (until recently) start to feel it. I used to use a 36/21 but I am now trying the spinning thing rather then being a pure masher.

Originally Posted by Laggard
If you can hold your max for 5 minutes you've either got a faulty reading or you're ready for the European peloton.
I would not say that. I am way to out of shape right now. I am planning to try my hand at a few road races next year and dedicate this year to training.

I have always been able to maintain a high hr if I desired to, I just never had a monitor to watch it. I used to check manually and used to be able to maintain it around 185 or so (when I was in shape) for 35min. When I was in shape I was always one of the fastest long distance riders but do to my body type/shape (think large linebacker) it was hard for others to take me seriously until we rode together I used to get offers to race for local teams but at the time I had no desire to since football was my main sport and all my time went to that.