View Single Post
Old 11-29-02, 02:38 PM
fietser_ivana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Maelstrom

Wow I am impressed. After a leg workout I usually just feel like drinking water and passing out
Well, to be honest.. I have only done aquajogging once before but liked it a lot! There is one prob , actually 2 with spinning lessons which makes me hesitant to do them more often
- some exercises (going back & forth between saddle and standing) give me immediate knee pain and aren't really very cycling specific
- the gym is at 13 K and I hate cycling in the gloomy dark.. there are only 2 spinning lessons in the morning

This week I was supposed to do aquajogging & legs on Monday, but I didn't do either of them on Mon, but on Tuesday and only then because my fysiotherapist recommended to do them... I had started doing the hip & gluteus exercises on Saturday and my muscle pain in gluteus and hamstrings was so bad that it was still hurting on Tuesday. Hence, I moved it to Monday.. .. now I did them on Tuesday. Surprisingly I was still able to spin quite well on Wednesday!
Instead of aquajogging on Monday, I could try to see what happens if I do it on Wednesday.. then I'd spin in the morning and jog in the evening.. (that swimming pool is just 2 K away).
But I will only do that when I won't be able to move any leg muscle at all on Monday evening

Originally posted by Maelstrom
I like that workout you are doing but again I would switch it to something different after around 8 weeks. Just to manipulate the body into doing what you want. I would only do one thing with your routinge personally (again this is because I know my own body this may not work for you). I would move my biceps to back day. This way your routine is more balanced. Some people do the opposite and would move triceps to back day (recovery reasons) but again that is personal. I never got a good pump working triceps without chest...

On Tuesday I'm doing db press & db flyes for chest , triceps extension & db kickback for tri and biceps curl plus Preacher curl for biceps (with the db rolling almost out of my fingers to make it a wrist exercise as well) finishing it off with a reverse wrist curl (tiny weights).
On Thursday, I use 3 exercises for the back: assisted chin up , the cable seated row and the good morning. After which I do shoulders with arnold press and lateral raise.
I thought about switching these 2 days around.. as my chin up is compromised on Thursday when my triceps are still tired..

Instead of moving the biceps to back day, I'd rather move the triceps to the back day.. as I heard the muscles of the triceps are partially found on the back..

Does this mean that I should move shoulders to the chest day as well? And do chest-shoulders-biceps-wrist instead.. ?
Wouldn't my switching routine work just as well.. (wk 1 chest-tri-bi on Tues, wk2 on Thursday) it sounds a bit like what you mentioned in your first post of
monday - Legs to failure, chest medium workout, back light workout
wednesday - legs light, chest heavy, back medium
Friday - legs medium, chest light, back heavy

???