View Single Post
Old 11-29-02, 03:31 PM
ndbentrider

Bikes: 1971 Pugeot PX 10 - First real bike. Current ride is a new customized Bacchetta recumbent - Dura Ace/Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from the frozen tundra

Greetings from Fargo -

I am a 50 yr. old secondary educator and coach - I have been commuting 16 miles to the H.S. for the past 11 yrs. Decided to get back into touring this past summer, after a 25 yr. layoff from it. My first ride was the 30th Ragbrai - had a blast. Decided that my tricked out touring Stumpjumper was not going to get the job done over the long haul. As a result of some serious temptation from the "Dark Side,"as well as some physical "issues" from my upright, I have purchased, painted, and built up a new 'bent.

I am now riding a custom painted Bacchetta outfitted w/ Shimano 16 spoke 26 in. wheels - Magura 33s for brakes - Chris King head set - Dura Ace Rear and Front der. and cassette - Speedplay pedals - Ultegra crank - Sram shifters.

Plan is to do the Lewis and Clark trail starting next summer and finishing the trail over the next few summers.

I am excited about reading the posts here and participating in the forums :thumbup:

Tim