bergerandfries
That gives him a hobby

Bikes: 1992 Raliegh Heat and 2008 Bianchi Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffpoulin
That's great news! I hope to see him post here again when he's feeling better.
Jeff, I told him about this thread and he's looking forward to logging in and reading it.

I went to go see Mike for 30min today at the rehab hospital wing. Discharge date has been set for July 20, which is amazing, considering how bad things were two weeks ago, even. Mike is lucid, well spoken, remembers all things except the day of the collision and most of his time in the hospital. I didn't ask about any pain he might be in, but he wasn't in pain while sitting and talking to me. His Physical Therapy has him using a walker to hop around on his right leg (no weight on the left leg for another week). Now the amazing parts:
He went out to diner tonight with his wife because he's getting around so well.
He is going home on Sunday for a test flight of things that might need to be changed around his home or things he needs to work on in rehab before he goes home for good.

Next week I am going to figure out a way to get some hardwood floors installed in Mike's house for the wheelchair and walker, so if you are in DFW, know how to install wood floors or have a contact for getting material donated, speak up. I am working an angle now, and will let you know what I pull together.