View Single Post
Old 07-13-12, 06:13 AM
LessonLearned

Bikes: http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/2008-se-lager-brown-6612

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know guys, I was messing with my seat a little, not entirely because of the handlebar discomfort issue (which only really seems to be an issue on my early morning commute while my body is still stiff), but also because I had a feeling I was not sitting over my cranks properly... I scooted the seat forward just a bit and now it feels much better in several aspects.

My legs feel better while pedaling (pedaling is more natural/easy), and I can get better leverage now for decelerating or skid stops.
I think I def had the seat too far back. So I wasn't adjusting the seat because of the handlebar issues, but it did end up helping that situation a little. Once my new stems shows up, I think it'll be perfect. I'll be going from +17, 90mm to a +35, 75mm.

As far as frame size goes, I know effective top tube length is the key measurement, but I only have about an inch of room as far as standover height. Maybe 3/4". So I don't think it's actually too small. I think I could do well with a 62cm but I think something like a 63cm would be too unwieldy and maybe even a bit too big. It's not like I'm out there riding a kids bike or something really odd/funny looking.
I know it looks funny because of the amount of seatpost showing, but I'm just such a tall wirey fellow. I'm all arms and legs. Like a spider, haha, so the bike is going to look like it's setup for too much reach and too much seatpost, but it suits me.

Maybe I'll ask my LBS next time I'm in. Maybe they can watch me ride or sit on it and tell me. I think that's a better indicator - seeing me actually ON the bike.