Old 07-13-12, 06:55 AM
staehpj1

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 769 Times in 569 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Information technology doesn't create more straight jackets but opens up far more possibilities.
I think it can do either; the choice is our's. I personally find a smart phone very useful, but so far at least have refused to carry more than that. My use of it is limited to turning it on once in a while for looking up things like the location of the nearest bike shop or campground, touching base with home, or doing a quick journal update. It is turned off the vast majority of the time.

I have really enjoyed having a work supplied Blackberry, but I am a cheapskate and have not bought myself a smart phone. The price of a data plan is the sticking point for me. I don't mind springing for the device, but the monthly fees just seem excessive.

My employer has been making noise about getting rid of our Blackberries to save a few bucks and I am not sure what I will do if/when that happens. I may just go back to not being as connected. I do have a little phone sized WiFi tablet that I could possibly use, but I may just go back to having only voice and text.