Old 07-15-12, 11:14 PM
Ozonation

Bikes: Helix, Brompton, Rivendell, Salsa, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BadBoy10
Maybe it is the pricing--I wouldn't feel comfortable paying $2700 and hitting the city streets "rough", hitting curbs, tackling bridges, racing through rain water, yikes missing one pot hole but having to eat another one, locking up outside Target, my favorite sushi place, hell where I work.

And when I see pictures of Rivs again--they are squeaky clean, the detail stunning. THIS OBVIOUSLY A BROAD generalization on my part. My income bracket is high but not so high $2700 would not be missed. Indeed, it is my insecurities perhaps even paranoia.

The Rivendell could not be my daily beautiful as she is: I really question are they used as work horses are are they used by university professors feeding into the intelligencia elite. Is it a fad?
You've got a point there with the realities of city life. The one big advantage of my Brompton is that I can take it right into my office.

I am a university professor! LOL! You're dead on: it's actually a mass conspiracy by us pointy headed academics. Spandex = bad. Wool = good. (Actually, I can't wear wool - bugs and itches me to no end.)

It is what I want, but like you, I unfortunately have this practical streak in me. The Brompton made sense: if you want it to fold, don't skimp on the one characteristic that makes or breaks it. As for riding around, well, I guess there are other alternatives other than the Rivendell.

Damn. I still want the bloody thing. I think too much.