View Single Post
Old 07-16-12, 06:00 AM
shotgunslade

Bikes: Softride Roadwing; Colnago World Cup; Raleigh Professional townbike restomod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you look at the beam, you will see two points that touch the top tube, one near the handlebars, one further back. I believe the further back connection point is in a slot, so you can raise or lower the saddle height within a range.
That is correct. The softride offers a lot of flexbility for riding position. If you look at my bike, (post 47) you will see that the beam is tilted pretty far up, because I'm very tall. The seat clamp can be slid along the beam to locate it longitudinally, and, of course the seat can be tilted as necessary. My frame may actually be a bit small for me, but I have compensated with a long 30 degree stem and the beam tilt. I also have an elevated seat clamp accessory called a hi-jacker that lifts the seat an additional 2 inches above the beam. The one thing to beware of is the weight limitation of the beam. some of these are as low as 180 lbs. for road use. Mine is rated 230 lbs for that use.