Thread: Stolen.. :(
View Single Post
Old 07-16-12, 03:25 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Ironhand
1 No one is safe from crime, 2 the cops don't give a crap, 3 learn how to defend yourself, and most importantly, 4 don't risk your life for "stuff".
I agree with these statements except #2 (I numbered them to make easier to reference). The police are typically understaffed and overworked at least where I live. YMMV I believe the do care about your loss but unfortunately unless it is life or death at the time, it is not priority. Much like with the news, "if it bleeds it leads". Bike thefts are minor in comparison to other crime they have to deal with and they don't have the manpower or time to devote to tracking down your stolen property unless you can identify the thief well enough for them to actually go investigate. Once we had a break in and guns were stolen. They came right away due to nature of items stolen. If it had been a bike, the response would have been much much slower.

Sounds like a harrowing story with regard to what you and your brother experienced.