Old 07-17-12, 02:42 PM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DntWorryB.Happy
....More questions, my tire was 700x35cc, i looked on a few sites and they all had 700x28-35cc or 700x31-44cc, there was another variation, but i don't remember what page it was on. Can i use either?Don't know how the tube sizing works, even after reading.

Yours is a 700-35. Yes either of these is just fine. In tube sizing the first part the "700" is the diameter of the wheel. The second part is how wide the tire is. Both the ones given show a range 28-35 and 31-44. Your 35 is withing both those ranges.

You can get away with useing something a little outside the rance. a 27" tube will work (If the valve is the same, which it most likely will not be) and a 700x28 would be just fine. If the last number is bigger than yuor tire then if you can get the larger tube in itis fine and the issue is just extra weight. If smapper the tube is slightly over streached. More vunerable to flats.

BTW sometimes more expensive tubes are thinner and have to be more exact. A cheap tube often has the same quality rubber, just less quality control on the thickness. If not flatting is your concern cheap tubes are often better.

I did not see any tire irons or multi tools on your list. I strongly suggest changing out a tube at home. Better to find out now that you cannot do it on your bike without tire irons then to find out on a ride 5 miles from the nearest phone. Having a multitool and knowing how to use it can get you home from a lot of minor disasters.