onionskin

Bikes: Motobecane Super Mirage Conversion, EAI Toyo Godzilla

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
get fit

Originally Posted by LessonLearned
haha will do. Thanks for not doing the whole big schpeel with the gif and everytyhing.
I think you need a professional to fit you. I have a VERY average build so I can get away with fit systems (although I know enough about what geo. works for me and there are between 40-400 bikes in most any shop that fit me for test rides). But don't guess, bikes are too expensive. You can spend a couple hundred on a professional fit but you shouldn't have to. You aren't a pro and don't need to spend hours on rollers tuning your seat position, you simply need a bike frame that fits your body. I bet a half-hour to an hour will get you where you need i.e., less than a benjamin. If you are building from scratch, that is the cost of the wrong stem. Bet wrong on the frame...epic fail.

And on your earlier query, yeah, looks like pretty relaxed geometry, and a lot of rake on the fork too, that has a significant affect on handling...with the benefit of more comfort. That said, larger frames will have slightly shallower angles, so YMMV.
Scrodzilla rides an EAI according to his sig, I do too. If he likes his half as much as I like mine that is a strong endorsement. If you want track-like geo. it's a solid choice but they aren't free either e.g., not a Chicago lock-up bike. EAI makes those frames in some pretty big sizes too. Clearances are extraordinarily tight (at least on the japanese flavor) if you build your own, though...I shaved mm to get as narrow a q-factor on my cranks as possible (something like a 107mm phil wood BB spindle) and had to have the shop dimple the chain stay to clear the chain ring.
ffDf: fatties DON'T fit fine ;-]