Old 07-20-12, 11:54 AM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
It ain't just the crusiers, I have roadies do it as well. Few months back I had two female riders on my wheel, I went wide, about 6 feet to pass another rider. I go wide so the riders behind me can se what's going on.

I also rang my bell 10 yards back, then 5, then right as we began the pass. This dude looked right at me, seemed ok then swerved into me bumping my elbow. WTF!

Then as we began the pass he blocked our pass by sticking along side my wife. WTF! Then he decided he was fast so he sprinted away. So catching somebody from a mile behind means they are fast I guess cause some dopey riders will feel the need to show they are fast. I say if you were any kind of fast, we would have never caught you at our cruising speed.

So another mile down the road we encounter the faded rider once again. He pulled the same carp so I shouted at him "why don't you just let us pass safely?".

Then he said well if you were fast I wouldn't be around you. WTF! We were holding our pace and not racing the moron. Wasn't our fault he kept fading but his pride made him feel that he needed to stay ahead of 2 women. He eventually faded and fell back....like we knew he would.

I had it the encounter on video an posted it last year. I deleted it at the end of the year but that was one that I should have kept.

I can't agree that is the "crusiers". I've seen some well disciplined crusiers and some crappy roadies as well as crappy cruisers and well disciplined roadies. That goes for young children as well. I've seen some great riders at 4 and 5 years old where I've seen some crappy adults.