psn
Physics Junkie

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, GT Pulse, Specialized S-Works E5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Specialized for '06

While I was at Ace Wheelworks today, one of the girls behind the counter (apparently a Langster rider herself...you on this forum?) showed me the 2006 Specialized catalog. In addition to everyone's favorite, the Langster, and the *cough* overpriced *cough* (IMO, at least) S-Works Langster frameset, there looks to be a new model for '06 (not yet mentioned on Specialized's '06 preview website). They call it (wait for it...) the Langster Comp.

Breakdown: Langster's Al frame, carbon fork, Sugino cranks, no brakes (I think), and definitely better wheels...I think some sort of Alex rims.
Price: Pretty sure she said $1000, but it might've been $900.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. Maybe I can be truly elite by having the first mention of it on the web. Or not. Or maybe I'll get sued for breaching an NDA. That'd be a hoot.

And finally, I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I'm new to fixies - I picked up an IRO Jamie Roy this summer off eBay and have been riding it around the last few weeks in earnest. I'm also conveniently located in Cambridge, so Boston riders, I'm down to ride when you are (now that I'm in some sort of not completely heinous shape). Peace out!