Old 07-26-12, 08:56 AM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone. The length of this ride (50 miles) is not beyond my current conditioning (I've done a few 50s and 60s this year), but I'm still working on my aerobic conditioning so I can keep up with the faster riders on the second half.

NOS88: You asked a good question. I'm riding with this group because it's a fun group and we've been riding with them long enough that we're now riding with friends. There are some strong competitive riders in our group, but for the most part it's a recreational club. I have to admit I sometimes get frustrated with that aspect because it seems that most of them are not interested in the technical aspects of riding (base training, what's that?... warming up...). I suspect that some might be snickering behind my back about my base training plan, but that's OK I love 'em anyway. Anyway, it's a fun ride to the beach, then along the beach, for brunch at one of our favorite food stops at the beach.

I'll be mindful of what I eat, and will start in the front and ease into it for a few miles as you've suggested.

big john: The Cool Breeze event is on my bucket list for next year.