Old 07-26-12, 11:53 AM
theragu40

Bikes: 1996 Specialized Allez, 2005 Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all. I am moderately into mountain biking and have two bikes of my own. I really would like to get my wife into it, but she doesn't have a decent bike to ride. Not having a ton of money, I've been trolling Craigslist trying to find her something she can ride to try to enjoy hitting the trails with me.

The best thing I have found on CL so far is a 2003 Giant Warp DS3 in supposedly mint condition for $180. My thought was to offer $150, but do you guys think this is worth it? I'm a little concerned about the weight, and also a little concerned that my wife has never really ridden a MTB and might struggle with a FS.

My other option is that I have a coworker that is selling a 2000 Klein Attitude Comp for $350. He was a mechanic, so I know the bike is essentially immaculate. The only thing is that it is really a bit out of my price range. I know that it is a far superior bike quality-wise.

So is the jump in quality worth it to spring for the Klein? Is it worth pursuing the Giant at all? Or should I look for something different? Thanks in advance for any advice everyone!