Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Yen,
Is this group the same ones you were referring to in your previous thread about the group ride problems? http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...h-group-or-not

It seems that the group rides and its participants don't want to work with you. Any chance the Phil's suggestion would make any difference?

Bill
Yes it's the same group, but the problem I mentioned on that ride was an isolated incident. This is a wonderful group and a good fit for us in many ways. The core of this group began years ago and is primarily recreational in nature.... out for a fun ride. There are some members who do non-stop weekend rides with another group who does teach more technical aspects. Our group has evolved a lot as newer members join who are younger and experienced. The members have worked with me on some suggestions but I try to pick my battles... I don't want to change the core philosophy but I do press for positive changes related to safety and routes. I don't know if all of Phil's suggestions would work... definitely not for this particular ride.... but suggesting 1-2 non-stop rides per month would satisfy the members who (like us) want and need that type of ride for training purposes.