View Single Post
Old 08-09-05, 07:54 AM
BMXTRIX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry - I do have a specific reason:

Huffy has been in the business for years and capitalizes on the stupidity of parents and the youth. They basically have never had a true high end bike and only started making 'better' bikes when the X-Games rolled around and they figured they could capitalize in their name with more expensive bikes. The quality of their bikes has remained almost bottom of the barrel and instead of doing R&D and engineering higher quality bikes, they basically wait to see what others do, then rip those ideas.

They are not a forward thinking company and are 100% into it for the money. If things tighten up in the BMX world, then Huffy will go back into department stores only and will cut loose bmx altogether to make a buck. There is nothing about Huffy that I consider good for the sport or progressive.

The Mongoose Team series redefines what a stock bike can be and is far superior to pretty much any stock complete bike I have ever seen before. Mongoose, while they do make some garbage, reaches the FULL spectrum of quality. From bad to incredible. I have a lot of respect for that level of forward thinking combined with new engineering and some of the latest and greatest product out there.