Old 07-30-12, 03:02 AM
Kimmo

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1530 Post(s)
Liked 724 Times in 515 Posts
1, I didn't put em in there, and 2, I don't blame the guy who did, since it's hardly a noob mistake to assume you'd want ferrules on the end of shift housing. They aren't hurting anything; they just won't come out.

Your ad hominem needs work. Can you overhaul a brifter, smart guy? Or, you could stick to the actual subject...

Here's some help to avoid the straw-manning, if you'd like to give it a shot.

* I don't disagree that it's wise to use a torque wrench on carbon.

* I agree entirely with the professionally-trained mechanics here with, I dunno, say a century, of combined experience who say it's not as simple as just tweaking by numbers.

* I'm asserting that with enough experience, it's possible for a skilled mechanic to assemble a high-end bike properly without a torque wrench, again in agreement with many of these guys.

* I'm not claiming I'm one of those guys. Although I'm experienced enough to consider any alleged need for a torque wrench on metal bikes quite laughable, I haven't worked on much carbon and would appreciate the frequent use of a torque wrench for a while to calibrate my feel with the numbers.

Last edited by Kimmo; 07-30-12 at 03:24 AM.