View Single Post
Old 07-30-12, 06:07 AM
chefisaac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chasm54
I disagree with this. The whole line is going to be moving quicker if everyone, including the person who happens to be at the front, pays some attention to aerodynamics. If someone smaller than me is in the drops ahead of me, I just get in the drops. When we are both in the drops the difference between our sizes is minimised and I can still get a reasonable draft - I've drafted behind a thirteen year-old girl in a pace line and got a certain amount of shelter even though she was in the drops. Admittedly, she's a very fast thirteen year-old girl. And being in the drops won't make you "surge" unless you want to.

Personally, if the object is to get people more comfortable with bike-handling and increase their speed, I'd be encouraging all of them to make use of the drops more. Nothing else they can do will make as big a contribution to their stability and speed as lowering their centre of gravity and getting into a more aerodynamic position.

Shame on you. You make a 13 year old girl pull you? Shame on you!

What your not telling us is that she slowed down because she heard the huffing and puffing from you. lol