Old 07-30-12, 11:38 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Hi, I used to ride an 80's Cannondale T400 for courier (delivery) work & recreation & the frame was very good & strong, withstood crashes with no problem other than paint damage. The aluminum frame was light & stiff. Only reason I stopped using it was that due to the wide chain stays tire width was limited especially if using mudguards. For touring this may not be a problem but for downtown Washington DC (with very bad streets) it became quite uncomfortable--at that time many couriers switched to mountain bikes that gave a comfortable ride.

I have bought an LHT which I haven't ridden yet since it is at the frame shop for a coupler addition. However I test rode an LHT once & the ride was quite comfortable in accordance with it's reputation. However the Cannondale T400 did not have a harsh ride, I think it would be fine for most touring unless the roads are bad. I still have the 23" T400 frame & want to sell it though I suppose shipping cost to Europe is high.

BTW your English is great, my grandmother was from Croatia though they never taught us any of the language, she & my mother would speak it as a code so the kids wouldn't understand!