View Single Post
Old 08-01-12, 02:57 PM
Face Palm
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the Fahgettaboudit which is heavier and stronger than what you're looking at, but some thoughts:

I can use the Fahgettaboudit around standard parking meter poles if I use the Sheldon brown method and go through the rear wheel. I can't get the rear wheel and the tube at the same time. So, if you're looking at a mini, it would be about equivalent. I also use a heavy cable through the front wheel and saddle, and there is room enough with a parking meter and rear wheel to still attache the cable ends to the U.

For carrying, I tried a bunch of techniques till I settled on a handlebar/stem mount. I tried the TwoFish lockblock (http://www.twofish.biz/attach-a-lock...s-u-lock-mount) and wasn't too happy with the strength of the rubber pieces with my uber heavy locks. So now i just strap it down with three pieces of heavy-duty velcro with the lock portion on the stem, perpendicular to it, and the U portion resting on the handlebars. The velcro keeps it super-tight, with no movement, and the steering is not effected adversely.

Personally, for peace of mind, I don't use anything rated less than the Fahgettaboudit, but I'm in the Bay area, and theft is a real concern.

Last edited by Face Palm; 08-01-12 at 02:58 PM. Reason: mistake