View Single Post
Old 08-01-12, 04:19 PM
atbman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken Brown
I thought it was even worse than that, that Wiggins snubbed him. It might not have been on purpose, and perhaps they hugged when the camera was not on them, but I doubt it. Wiggins seems to lack basic social graces.
How wonderful it must be to know what happened all the way from Toronto (not). They met in the finishing area and embraced with obvious mutual respect and admiration.

Nice to see the basic social graces of some of our North American cousins, especially with regard to the drugs question - obviously our country's governing body, being the people behind the actual organisation of Team Sky, are perfectly prepared to risk being kicked out of the UCI for aiding and abetting the use of illegal ergogenic aids in helping Wiggo to win both the Tour and Olympic gold. Must be all the experience they've had in winning multiple golds, silvers and bronzes at World and Olympic level thro' such reprehensible means.

We were glad to be spared Lesley Garrett's version of the national anthem, tho'.

All that, and I got to be one of the Torch carriers and the one I carried is going to be presented as an annual award at our club dinner next January - after the raffle tickets have been drawn, naturally.

Neh, neh, neh, neh neh.

Sorry, suffered a sudden attack of a lack of basic social graces for a moment. Words cannot express the depth of my remorse - even nanometre is far too coarse a unit of measurement

Last edited by atbman; 08-01-12 at 04:27 PM.