View Single Post
Old 08-02-12, 03:56 AM
Matt Gaunt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am (obviously, as I'm a British cyclist) very pleased for Wiggo and I think he deserves a little more respect than some have shown him in relation to the doping accusations. On the other hand, it's not all that surprising when the margins he wins by are so comprehensive. As others have pointed out though, Martin wasn't on form after his crash at the Tour left him with a broken wrist bone and it was patently obvious that Cancellara was nowhere near his best after Saturday's crash (and probably some sleepless nights after becoming a father again a couple of weeks ago). I thought he was going to collapse when he got off the bike yesterday - I felt so sorry for him but if anything it made me respect him even more for coming seventh in spite of all that.

Bottom line, the drugs debate will rage on no matter what. FWIW, I believe both Wiggo and Froome to be absolutely clean but I can see why some people want to believe otherwise.