Old 08-02-12, 03:32 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Liked 3,864 Times in 2,312 Posts
The Shiftmate works on the same princible as the Travel Agents for brakes. The cable's inward run goes over a pulley of one size, then moves over to the adjacent pully groove of another size before exiting onto the der. So when the lever moves the cable 10mm the der sees a little bit more (say 12mm) or less (say 8.333mm) (depending whether the imput pulley is smaller or larger then the ou put one). When i first saw one I had one of those ahah, why didn't I think of that moments.

Rochester is doing well as can be expected with Kodak going belly up. We never had much of a realestate bubble to began with... Our educational level was always above average. But the area is hurting what with manufacturing down in general, tax bases dwindling and a flat population base. I moved back after 25 years away just 3 years ago and am glad to be back home. Andy.