bikepro

Bikes: Look 585

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by squidie
Alright guys,

Over the last year I’ve started to take more to the roads now with my MTB and I’ve been training at roughly 10miles per day at 45 mins now I’m hoping to tackle to LeJOG in 2013 (possibly September). Now I’m looking at a road bike like this one:

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/127434.html

Now I’m not looking for something special, just something light and fast and capable of doing the speeds I want to reach 50mph + and also capable of simply going the miles I want.

Although I’m pretty sure on what I’m looking for I’m just slightly concerned about the weight, in-respect to what weight I should be looking for. The one in the URL is around 10KG and I’m about 70KG.

Obviously I’m not looking to spend much more that £750 to the one in the link is ideal, but just need other peoples opinions, especially when taking on long distances.
Before you start talking about riding 50 MPH, unless your talking about a mountain descent, in which case gearing doesn't make much difference, why not try something a little more reasonable, such as running a 3 minute mile.